Thursday, September 17, 2009

Week 2 Educational Technology

This week was an introduction into the world of technology. First, we had an orientation on how to use Mac computers. I have a PC myself, but I love Macs. They are very user friendly and have so many cool applications. We also learned about the basics of technology. In a short video we were shown some of the terms that have to do with computers such as html, ISPS, servers, and URL's. Two other videos were presented as well. The first was about how internet is affecting society. The second was a brief history about the first e-mails. Lastly, there were a series of videos from PBS called "Growing Up Online," which showed how technology is having an impact on the younger generation.

As an Elementary Education major the last video "Growing Up Online" was a real eye opener for me. Children these days are so much further advanced in technology than when I was in elementary, middle, and high school. Teachers are having to implement all of the new technology into their curriculum. This class will be a big help in getting me up-to-date on how to better reach my students through technology.

Here is a link to a website I found called TeAchnology. http://www.teach-nology.com/ I found it through Google search engine. Its a website that has tutorials and other information on helping teachers how to use technology in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment